Early Years Practitioner
Whitley Community Pre-School is a thriving pre-school within an outstanding, rural village community and offers childcare and early years learning opportunities to up to 26 children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old.
We are a registered charity overseen by a voluntary committee. We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, enthusiastic Early Years Practitioner to work within the pre-school setting starting in September 2021 until required. Flexibility in working days/hours will be required and hours will vary due to business needs. (Within the hours of 8.30am – 4pm Mon-Fri). Starting at 2 days per week.
Duties will include:
• To provide quality teaching in accordance with the Early Years Framework.
• Supporting and adhering to individual policies and procedures.
• Liaising with other agencies e.g. Early Years Consultants/Occupational Therapy/Speech and Language
• Responsibility for key children and the update of their developmental records and planning curriculum activities.
• Building relationships with the children’s families and pre-school staff.
• Working off own initiative and also effectively as part of a team.
• Attending relevant training sessions and meetings (sometimes outside pre-school hours)
You should have sound knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, experience of responsibility of key children and developmental record keeping/planning for these children. SEN experience, perhaps within a nursery or pre-school setting and knowledge of Safeguarding policies and Ofsted requirements.
The closing date for applications is 30th September 2021
Please note that if you have not received a response within 2 weeks of the closing date, please view your application as unsuccessful.
Interview dates will be confirmed with successful applicants.